- available at the following workplaces of the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of the Interior;
- available in an electronic form also on the website of the Ministry of the Interior;
- to be submitted at one of the workplaces of the Ministry of the Interior listed above.
An alien may request a permit for permanent residence after a five-year stay on the territory of the CR.* Comprehensive information on applications for permanent residence and a detailed description of the individual requirements may be found at the Ministry of Interior websitesite for foreigners www.mvcr.cz/cizinci under the section for third-country nationals.
Details on the application for permanent residence after a five-year residence on the territory of the CR:
Knowledge of the Czech Language
- is proved by means of a Certificate Proving the Knowledge of the Czech Language, which will be issued by the school for the foreigner after he/she has successfully passed the examination;
- it is also possible to prove with another generally recognised examination in the Czech language. Since 1 January 2011, the following two types of examinations in the Czech language are recognised as Proof of the Knowledge of the Czech Language for the purposes of permanent residence: the basic state language examination, the general state language examination or the special state language examination at a language school with the right to provide state language examinations and certified examinations from Czech for Foreigners (CCE) performed at the Institute for Language and Professional Preparation of Charles University.
- may be taken at some of the institutions given in the List;
- may be tried as a sample test here;
- the fee in the amount of 1,500 CZK is covered by the state on the basis of a voucher, which is issued by the Ministry of the Interior.
- is issued to an alien applying for permanent residence for free at the workplaces of the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of the Interior;
- must be tendered at the respective school at the first attempt at passing the examination;
- is not issued repeatedly, the Ministry of the Interior only covers the first attempt at passing the examination.
* An alien can apply for a permit for permanent residence after a five-year residence on the territory of the CR based on a visa for a stay of over 90 days and based on the permit for a long-term stay or based on a document issued for residence on the territory according to a special legal regulation, if this special legal regulation no longer applies to the alien. Thus a residence on the territory according to a special legal regulation is a stay based on asylum, complementary protection or temporary protection being granted. (Section 68 of Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Aliens on the Territory of the CR).
He/She is to enclose the following with the application:
- 2 photographs
- A document confirming sufficient means for permanent residence on the territory (Section 71, Subsection 1 of Act No. 326/1999 Coll.)
- A document corresponding to an extract from a criminal Register of a foreign country issued by the state which the applicant is a citizen of or in which he/she has permanent residence, as well as also states where the applicant has constantly spent a period of more than six months in the last three years - with a request after five years, only at the request of the Ministry of the Interior (Section 70, Subsection 2e) of Act No. 326/1999 Coll.)
- A document confirming the provision of accommodation on the territory of the CR (Section 71, Subsection 2 of Act No. 326/1999 Coll.)
- The consent of the parent, or other legal representative or guardian, for the permanent residence of the child on the territory unless the joint living of a family with this parent, legal representative or guardian is concerned (Section 70, Subsection 2g) of Act No. 326/1999 Coll.)
- A document proving the requisite knowledge of the Czech language (Section70, Subsection 2h) of Act No. 326/1999 Coll.). *